Τhere’s a new Steam Beta client available. To access the Beta, go to File -> Settings. On the Account tab press the Change… button to open the Beta Participation dialog. Then Select “Steam Beta Update”, and allow Steam to restart itself. Here are the specific changes:
- Fixed layout of installation wizard when installing multiple apps.
- Fixed rare occurrence of prompting a user to accept the same Steam Subscriber Agreements multiple times.
- Big Picture: Added support for notifying the user when logging into an account that has already logged in on another machine
- Big Picture: Fixed bug where chat notifications might not be displayed when in game.
- Big Picture: Fixed possibly displaying multiple countdown timers in the store
- Big Picture: Fixed loading animations disappearing before loading was complete
- Big Picture: Fixed crash when entering Big Picture mode while in a voice chat
- Linux: add support for custom Steam library folders
- Linux: fix bug w/notifications stealing focus
- Linux: fix bug that caused text to be entered backwards in edit fields
- Linux: fix overlay crash w/Amnesia: The Dark Descent Demo
- Linux: fix overlay crash w/The Critter Chronicles
- Linux: fix “Retrieve A Lost Account” wizard causing steam to minimize
- Linux: fix Turkish characters showing up correctly in Steam updater window
- Linux: remove game icons when removing a game
- Linux: fix bug causing menus to close when a sub-menu closes
- Linux: fix bug with usernames ending with ‘.’
- Linux: fix bug w/Steam changing global mouse cursor theme
BTW did you know that SteamBox is based on Linux ?